Friday, June 6, 2014

Early June Pix

Beans and sunflowers to support them, growing happily together.
The dill is quite happy! It's had quite a growth spurt!
Black Krim tomatoes: Not the prettiest things, but the flavor is incredible. 
Squashes. Inside the cage is a volunteer. I don't know what kind. Outside, I believe that's a carnival squash; I saved the seeds from a dinner last fall. 
We tore up the strawberry plants in the garden. Now all we have is weeds. But my, what wonderful weeds. 
I kept one little sprig of a sweet potato as an experiment from last fall when I tore out the plants. Now look what it's done. Georgia Jets.

Sure are pretty vines. I wish they produced well here in the red door greenhouse. 
First baby cucumber. The pickling cukes are the first out of the chute.
Corn. We're going to have corn, for the first time in a very long time.

The "certified  non-GMO" seeds didn't germinate worth a darn: only 4 seeds germinated (and they're in here). The rest are regular Ed Hume seeds.

Leeks have been a huge hit. I'm letting one go to seed, so I can do more of these next year!
And the Peacock Fern is going to grow. Milady likes these!

They're pretty spectacular in quantity:



No comments:

Post a Comment