Saturday, January 30, 2021

The End of January

 Mid-January, I ran into a fellow who explained that he was going to start his brassicas mid-January, and put them out into his garden mid-February under protective cover. 

That sounded like a good idea, so I joined him. All the brassicas I could think of, and a fair bit of lettuce as well. Some of it is pretty small. Some of the starts How are a couple of inches. 

Clearly not ready to go out quite yet.

This is going to be interesting. If I'm not careful, I might actually learn something new!

Last weekend, I let one seedling bad to get a little dry, and all of my Scotch Bonnets got dried out in wimpy. So I watered them, of course. 

Then I plant a bunch more. By that time all the wimpy ones had turned around, We're going to have a good harvest.

This weekend, I realized I had no red habanero peppers. So I harvested one of the last ripe red Habaneros, took the seeds out of it, and planted them. 

I've got a dozen red Habaneros coming, if it all goes well.

I also picked up some poblano pepper seeds this weekend and planted a dozen poblano peppers. (Poblanos are called ancho peppers when they're dried.)

I've been looking for something that is not as spicy as some of the peppers, something that I can cook with, that I can grill with. This looks like it might be that answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment