Saturday, April 30, 2016

Spring Planting (Mostly Done)

All of the tomatoes and pea beds were in the ground by 4/20 2016. Added a couple (brandywine) tomatoes to the herb garden 4/24.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Beet seeds went in weeks ago. Beet sprouts going strong. Some uneven spots, so I transplanted some starts into the gaps. 4/22.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Transplanted the Dill into the garden. 4/20. Next
to beets, next to garlic, between lettuce and carrots (which are actually starting to germinate!).
 
 
 
 
 
Lettuce and Kale starts went in the ground by 4/16 2016. As soon as the irrigation system was done. I'll add broccoli, kohlrabi and maybe some others later; sprouts aren't ready.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Transplanted cucumbers into the garlic beds 4/22. Looks like there might be room for daylight between the garlic.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Transplanted zucchini to the peas bed 4/10; Carnival squash and Hokkaido (German) pumpkins 4/22.

 
 
 
 
 
Replaced a sage plant with a Rosemary start 4/24. Going to be a fine shrub.
 
 
I may put some shallots out next weekend (seeds started indoors a month ago); I have 8 shallots from sets (expensive!).

I expect I'll wait another couple of weeks before putting basil in the Basil Box. Or I may make a cold frame for it. I have 3 kinds of starts (mammoth sweet, Thai, lemon), but I'll probably load the box with mostly one: mammoth sweet.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment