Saturday, February 17, 2018

Plantings Mid February


Planted some stuff today:



These seeds are on warming pads: back tray, left to right: dill, Pattypan squash, some unknown seed (maybe 4 o'clock flowers), Anaheim peppers, white onions from 2014, bench peppers from 2014.

Front tray, left to right: sunflowers, basil, both from 2017, Mexican tarragon, green onions, lemon cucumber, year uncertain, nasturtiums 2017.



Planted some mescalin, garden greens.



Planted some vines. I'm starting some Black-Eyed Susans (bright yellow flowers) and some Cardinal Climbers (bright red flowers.

I think the vines may be similar. The flowers are not the same at all (color or shape). 

The goal is to plant these together in one (larger) pot, with a trellis on it, so the two colors can climb together.

It might look cool.








I found a package of seeds labeled "Carnival Gourd" this morning. No idea where it came from.

I really enjoy "Carnival Squash." I wonder if that's what this is? Maybe not.

So I planted it.

We'll see what comes up.




I'm not impressed with the hot pepper starts, so I'm re-starting some of them.

Lemon Drops (hot, not super-hot)
Carolina Reaper (SUPER hot!)
Cayenne (pretty hot)
Trinidad Scorpion (super hot)
Mini Bell (not hot at all, but yum!)
Golden Star F1 (yellow bell)



I really want a lot of bell peppers, hence the extra bell pepper starts.





















No comments:

Post a Comment