Thursday, June 20, 2013

Cool Stuff on the Last Day of Spring




Zucchini is doing well. Already harvested some. Love it barbecued.

Believe it or not, we couldn't get zukes to grow over the last couple of years.

This is exciting. I've never actually been successful with onions before. These are sweet onions, from starts that my sweetheart brought back from the Seattle Garden Show.

If I'm not mistaken, I think we're going to be successful with onions this year.





This is the first melon blossom of the year. This particular vine (and the two next to it) will give the sweetest, tastiest single-serving melons. Each is about the size of a baseball, and incredibly yummy!

From Territorial Seeds.

And this is ginger. I got a package of ginger root from the produce department at Trader Joe's, and divided it between two pots. It's taken at least a month to get this far, and I didn't notice it until now, because it's behind some fairly successful tomatoes, hiding in the sunny corner of the greenhouse.

I hear it'll be a couple of years before we can harvest ginger roots, but I'm looking forward to it!










No comments:

Post a Comment