Saturday, March 29, 2014

Asparagus in the Garden

There's a beautiful woman in my home who loves asparagus. I guess it's time to learn how to grow it.

I planted a couple of crowns in the garden. Forgot to take pictures until I'd gotten them planted. I dug in a whole lot of compost (maybe a third) and added a bunch of eggshells for calcium content, which they're supposed to like.
I had attempted a couple of weeks earlier, trying to start asparagus from seed. "You can't do that! You might as well start garlic from seed!" they told me. They must know better than I do.

So I forgot about them and bought the crowns and planted them. Then I checked on the seeds, and I was surprised: I have some asparagus starting from seed!

I haven't the faintest idea what to do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment