Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Gardening With Leftovers

I've been inspired by the idea of taking leftover kitchen scraps, and growing good food with them. Here's one list of things you can do this with:






I've had great success before doing this with potatoes and celery. I'm doing it accidentally this year with onions and garlic. I've failed before with pineapple, but I'm not done trying.


The idea of doing this with lemon grass really appeals to me. My bride & daughter use lemon grass in their (very yummy!) Thai cooking, and we'd like to not spend a fortune on it.


But first (and primarily because it was on sale at Trader Joe's), we're going to try ginger root. I'm soaking it in water (in a dirty garden jar) overnight first, then I'll plant it in the morning.

It doesn't sound all that hard. We'll see how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment