Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Music to My Ears

I have a sound system in my home, on it, I play the kind of music that make me happy: jazz, 70's
rock, industrial, worship, classical. Lots of variety, but all music we enjoy.

Some time ago, I noted that the greenhouse also has a music system. (Hey, I'm a nerd. That's how it works!)

A friend of mine suggested playing birdsong, rainfall, gurgling streams. He had two reasons:

  1. It might help the people who work in the greenhouse to stay a little saner, and 
  2. It's the kind of music that's likely to make the plants themselves happy. 
So I picked up a cheap little iPod Nano on eBay, and loaded it full of nature sounds. All he recommended, plus thunder storms, Amazon rainforests, ocean surf. And it plays pretty much 24/7.

I don't know if the plants will like it. (Some folks say they do. Me? I dunno.) But the Missus and myself rather enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment