Sunday, February 16, 2014

The First Grow Light

I couldn't help it. I needed to get some things growing.

In point of fact, I have some starts going that don't care so much about the temperature, but need more light than they need: kale, broccoli, onions, and such.

Moreover, it is highly likely that I will plant some more starts earlier than the sun will provide for them. I must do something to support my habit. 

So I got a 4- shop light, and some "sunlight" or "daylight" tubes (just one of the normal options: not "warm white" or "cool white.")

Because I goofed with the programming on the timer, the light was left on all night. This morning, all the sprouts under the light had lifted their heads and pointed their little stalks at the light.

I think I may be on to something.

UPDATE: I bought another one today. I also added a grow-spotlight next to the bench. I may be done for this winter, though I have thoughts of expansion for the next winter.

Comment: this photo is lit only by the grow lights.













No comments:

Post a Comment